Following is the list of some of the academic journals and magazines on English studies (literature, linguistics and other subjects taught in English literature depts. in India.) The visitors/readers of the blog are requested to contribute to making this list exhaustive. Should you know of any other journals and their details please leave those details in the comment section.
1. Journal of Contemporary Thought
Publisher: Forum for Contemporary Thought, Vadodara, Gujarat and College of Liberal Arts of the Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA.
Periodicity: twice a year; in summer and winter
Contact: Prof. P. C. Kar, Director, Centre for Contemporary Theory and General Semantics, C-304 Siddhi Vinayak Complex, Behind Baroda Railway Station, Faramji Road, Baroda-390 007, Gujarat, India.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Subscription: Institution: Rs 400/-, Individual: Rs 200/-
2. The ICFAI Journal of English Studies
Publisher: The ICFAI University Press, #52, Nagarjuna Hills, Panjagutta, Hyderabad, 500082.
Periodicity: 4 times a year. March, June, Sept, and Dec.
3. The Quest
Publisher: Editor, The Quest, 202, Preeti Enclave, Chandni Chowk, Kanke Road, Ranchi 834008, India
Periodicity: June and December
Annual Subscription: Rs 400/-
4. The Atlantic Literary Review
Publisher: K.R. Gupta, 7/22, Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi-110002 (India)
Editor: Rama Kundu
Subscription: Annual (4 issues): Institutional (net): Rs 1000/-, Individual (net) : Rs 600/-
5. Indian Literature
Publisher: Sahitya Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, 35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi-110001, India
Subscription: Rs 250/-
6. Indian Journal of Gender Studies
Publisher: Indian Journal of Gender Studies, 25, Bhai Vir Singh Marg, Gole Market, New Delhi-110001, India
Editors: Malavika and Leela Kasturi
Annual Subscription: Individual (print only) Rs 850
7. Journal of Indian Linguistics
8. Language in India (ISSN: 1930-2940)
9. International Journal of Dravidian Linguistics
10. International Journal of Translation Studies (ISSN: 0970-9819)
11. Indian Journal Of Applied Linguistics (ISSN 0379-0037)
12. International Journal Of Communication (ISSN - 0975-640x)
13. Parnassus: An Innovative Journal Of Literary Criticism (ISSN 0975-0266),
Published From Feroze Gandhi College, Rae Bareli (Uttar Pradesh), India,
Edited by Dr Nilanshu Agarwal, nilanshu1973 @ yahoo.com
14. Contemporary Discourse (ISSN 0976-3686)Editors,:Sudhir Nikam and Madhavi Nikam
15. Muse India - A Literary E-Journal Web: http://www.museindia.com/index.asp16. The Muse: An International Journal of Poetry Web: http://themuse.webs.com/